Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quick Blog 6

I would say that my social sphere is mostly centered around people my own age. I mean I live with my family where my parents are older than me, but I think that is always a given in that situation....haha. Furthermore, my two sisters are around my age, and most of my friends are around my age as well. I guess this is the case since I meet people in an area surrounded by people my age (university) so it is no wonder that I would have a lot of friends my own age.


But I do work with people with a variety of ages. I get along with pretty much everyone I work with. I just talk about different things with each person, but that is not just because of their ages. I mean, people do have their own interests and each person is an individual. I have never felt that  my co-workers have thought badly of me based on my age, but it would be nice to interact with a more diverse group of ages because I do not really interact with young people too much. I do not babysit or work where a lot of young people would be so I do not really get the chance to interact with them. Interacting with a lot of different people would be a good idea because that way I would really understand what these people go through (like ageism).

No comments:

Post a Comment